Health Benefits of Blackberries
Ingredient in Bremner's Premium 100% Pure Blackberry Juice
- Blackberries are among the top ten foods containing antioxidants.
- Antioxidants fight the process of aging by neutralizing free radicals which damage the DNA molecules and lead to cancer.
- Antioxidants counteract environmental carcinogens.
- Blackberries are high in anthocyanin pigments and ellagic acid, the potent antioxidants which provide protection against cancer and chronic disease.
- Blackberries contain high concentration of phytoestrogens ( "plant estrogens"), a compound believed to play a vital roll in the prevention of both breast and cervical cancer.
- The high tannin content of blackberries helps to tighten tissue, alleviate hemorrhoids, relieve intestinal inflammation and diarrhea.
- Blackberries aid in the strengthening of blood vessels, fighting heart disease and protecting eyesight.
- Blackberries also contain salicylate, the substance found in aspirin as well as pectin which aids in the reduction of cholesterol.